|- BUY BRAILLEMATH|
|- BUY Braille2Braille Copy|
|- BRAILLEMATH MANUAL|
|- CHALLENGES FACED|
|- ENGAGEMENT MODEL|
|- APPROACH & BENEFITS|
Nemeth code to print-math back translator
BrailleMath is a software package that caters to the needs of Blind students and Sighted parents & teachers teaching mathematics to Blind students. In just a few easy steps, it allows the teacher to convert a Braille page typed by a blind student into a pdf file readable by sighted people, thereby saving a lot of time for the teacher while grading homeworks and exams.
This package is a Nemeth code to print-math back translator and is developed using image processing and special Braille language translation techniques.
- BrailleMath takes as input, a scanned copy of the Braille sheet hand typed on a Perkins Brailler and outputs a PDF file.
- BrailleMath's Optical Braille Recognition module recognizes Braille characters from the scanned copy.
- BrailleMath can handle slanted typed lines as well as irregularly typed lines.
- Documents can contain Nemeth Code and Literary Braille. Nemeth Code expressions are automatically separated from contracted Braille text.
- BrailleMath also handles spatial math:
- Grade school Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Long Division, etc.